WiSH is run by volunteers who do not get paid or even claim back personal expenses. Our strategy is to gain grant funding to build valuable physical and digital historical assets which can be enjoyed by our visitors. However, The Greatest Story experience in Plough Lane went live on 5th September 2021. This was enabled by four key factors listed below:
- Over 8,500 volunteer hours over 2 and a half years
- Pro-bono display units from by London based musuems
- Donated or loaned items worth approximately £1 million
- Founding Member subscriptions.
Founding Memberships were crucial in gaining much-needed funds to operationalise our vision. Each Founding Membership costs a one-off fee of £250 and provides a range of benefits. These benefits include:
- Priority invitations to all WiSH events
- Lifetime Membership
- Unique & historical Founder’s Badge
- Founders Certificate
- Name on Founders’ Plaque.
We would like to thank the following Founding Members who helped WiSH launch the first version of the exhibition: John Lynch, Michael Padmanathan, Sukhpal Toor, Mick Pugh, Chris Hutchinson, Terry Hall, Peter Leng, Janet Brewer, Toby Brewer, Stuart Young, Tom Padmanathan, Karl Carter, Michael Baker, Mitch Taylor, Pat Tuggey, Chris Burgess, Mike Richardson, Harry Galley, Eamonn Heaver, Paul Lapraik, Jim Leake, Rob Ceccarelli, Rhys Torrington, Kelly Jones, David Collins and Dave Davis.
To become a Founding Member please email: email@example.com.